Family School Association
- The Family School Association is composed of all parents of Mary, Seat of Wisdom students. It creates a link between home, school, and parish by sponsoring many programs and events.
- The FSA sponsors special events for the students, programs that provide valuable services to the families and the school, programs that promote learning, and events which raise needed funds and materials for the school and our teachers.
- The FSA is always looking for new ideas for fundraising, programs, and events, and welcomes anyone who would like to share their ideas or volunteer their time! If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the FSA Volunteer Coordinator c/o the School Office.
2016-2017 Family School Association Officers
Stacy Purcell, President
Deb Haidos, Vice President
Laura Goff, Treasurer
Anna Scafidi, Secretary
- To contact the FSA President or any committee chairperson, please refer to the Mary, Seat of Wisdom Directory or call the school office at (847) 825-2500.
- A copy of the FSA Bylaws may be found here.
The following are the current standing committees coordinated by the Family School Association.
The book fair offers children and parents the opportunity to purchase books in a “bookstore” setting at MSW. Coordinating educational activities during Book Fair Week promotes the value of reading. Proceeds fund the purchase of additional books for MSW classrooms and library.
The Cultural Arts program works to promote diversity in the arts by arranging/coordinating for a cultural presentation for the whole school once per trimester.
The family directory is a voluntary listing of school family names, addresses and phone numbers, and also provides useful information regarding school activities and projects, clubs and organizations. Extra copies of the Family Directory are available for sale in the school office.
Great American Magazine Sales (NEW)
Health & Wellness
The Health & Wellness Committee is committed to providing a learning environment that supports and promotes wellness, good nutrition, an active lifestyle and education regarding the school allergy policy.
Junior Achievement is an annual one day enrichment program that uses hands on experiences to help young people understand the economics of life. Volunteers are recruited and trained to make classroom presentations.
This program finds volunteers to help the office staff with daily routine activities. Shifts are usually kept to half day shifts.
Parish Pastoral Council
This committee serves as a liaison between the Parish Pastoral Council (PPC) and the Family School Association by attending PPC meetings.
Primary Reading Program
This committee organizes parent volunteers to visit K-3 classrooms and read aloud to students.
This committee gathers manufacturers brand labels for redemption. Proceeds are used to purchase educational resources for the school.
The recycling committee coordinates efforts to promote good stewardship of the earth as well as provide funds or supplies for our school.
The room parent coordinator is responsible for selecting/assigning room parents for each homeroom. Additionally, they will organize and distribute important information to the selected room parents and support classroom activities and enlist parent assistance for field trips and the like.
School Supply Kits
This committee coordinates the sale of prepackaged grade level school supply kits as a convenience to families and fundraiser to MSW School.
Spirit & Events Committees
These spirit committees work to build school family relationships, school spirit and involvement in school / parish activities.
The staff appreciation committee coordinates activities and organizes monetary gift collections for our teachers/staff.