MSW Volunteer Compliance Requirements
Mary, Seat of Wisdom School appreciates the generosity of parents and community members in volunteering their time to our school and to our students. The Archdiocese of Chicago requires anyone who interacts with children, to be in full compliance with the steps outlined by the Office for the Protection of Children and Youth. The steps below must be completed by all school and parish volunteers (age 18 and older) prior to beginning any volunteer position, as per Archdiocesan requirements.
Volunteers and School Employees Must Complete:
- Archdiocese of Chicago Online Background Check - eApps
(Access Code = PROTECTION)
Instructions for completing background check
- VIRTUS Training Registration - you must register for a VIRTUS training class and maintain an active online account to receive monthly bulletins. CLICK HERE to view upcoming VIRTUS sessions.
- Code of Conduct Form - read document, sign form titled "Employees/Volunteers", and return to school office.
- CANTS Form (DCFS) - return form to school office, DO NOT send to DCFS. To be completed annually.
Coaches, Youth Ministers, Cathechists, and School Employees:
- Mandated Reporter Training - In addition to the items above, coaches, youth ministers, and catechists are to complete this online training.
School Employees Only:
- Fingerprinting - All staff and faculty members (including substitute teachers) are required to submit to fingerprinting. Call the school office for School Code #.
Illinois State Bill 143 was passed on May 20, 2007. It requires all school employees beginning July 1, 2007 of state recognized non-public schools to undergo fingerprinting based on criminal history record checks with the state police and FBI. The Archdiocese has arranged for Accurate Biometrics to take and process the fingerprints. An application must be completed and submitted at the time of fingerprinting. Regardless if you have been fingerprinted with another service or with another company or organization through Accurate Biometrics, you still must complete this process through Accurate Biometrics for the Archdiocese. This process must be completed within three business days of being hired.